Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Slow Cleaning Process

Welcome! If you haven't read the full blog and you are confused at this moment, please scroll down unless you want to spare yourself the awkward trouble. LOL 


       Well kids, I signed the very important papers today. Note to the world- They should require that much signing and paperwork to get married instead of divorcing. Then maybe, people would REALLY think about their decisions. LOL Notaries, technical terms, terms to get your bum covered for the other terms, non-marital property, marital property and more that keeps rolling around in my brain today. Someone will be receiving the information and I'm praying for him to sign it quickly. Everyone keeps saying, "Wow Sarah Beth, that was a quick process!". Don't act surprised....it can be a fairly quick process if both parties end on a civil note.

    All of the signing and junk has created the roller coaster of emotions effect again. I'm doing much better than I was doing but it just brought up all of the feelings of loss. I shouldn't have to be signing divorce papers at 25. I shouldn't be that girl who is going to be known as the one who got divorced. I didn't want that for my life but no one really does want it. I just hope this blog helps everyone to be more sensitive to people who are going through divorce. I think that I was the person who secretly looked down on the whole matter of divorce. I will NEVER do it again. This is a horrible experience and I pray that no one else that I know has to go through it. In my Bible study this week, we talked about what God says about divorce and what are reasons to divorce. Ding, ding, ding, my case is a winner but I can't say that I don't feel guilty still. I know it's wrong and that my God hates divorce. It says that those who have done the wronging are at fault and the ones that were wronged are free to marry again. Then, there are all of those bad verses about a divorced woman which apparently only applies if you were the one doing the wrong. I hope.....or I may cry if I read another one.  I'm sorry Lord for sinning!

    To top it off, I also went to court for my lovely speeding ticket/no insurance crap (which was dismissed because I have insurance). This girlie is a lot poorer and going to traffic school. This teacher is about to be schooled in driving. UGH....lol. Here is a tidbit of information about the experience: I got into the court room (when they started to call names) and realized that I had every other insurance paper but the one that I needed. Run to elevator, run across the justice center parking lot, get in car and get insurance paper, run back across the justice center parking lot, go through metal detector in lightning speed, run to the elevator, go up and walk briskly back inside huffing and puffing, and wait to be called. I may have laughed at myself later for that craziness. Why wouldn't I do that? I'm Sarah Beth. I do crazy things and crazy things happen to me!

      Feelings and dealings of this week- In my Bible study, they said the more that you loved someone, then the longer or more that you will grieve for them. What if I'm sick of grieving? What if I'm ready to move on? Does that mean that I really didn't love them? No, it just means that I will still love that person but not in the way that God intended for two people. It means that I'm ready to move on. So here I go- Travis Redmond and Tori Ann Redmond (it feels appropriate to forgive both personalities), I forgive you for everything that you have done to me. I don't think that what you did will EVER be right but I forgive you. I pray often that you find God and that he heals you of this battle going inside of you. I pray that you fall on your knees and let God show you who he wants you to be in life. LISTEN to HIM because he's reaching out to you! And to whoever is reading this and doesn't know God, then I pray for you too. God has been trying to call you and you haven't been answering. LISTEN! Don't let the devil trick you into thinking that you have time left. YOU DON'T!

Funny joke of the day- Your husband may be a crossdresser if..... he lists the Notebook and Taylor Swift (especially since someone hated me listening to her with me but then secretly liked her) as some of his favorites on his facebook page. LOL Enough said....
   

3 comments:

  1. You will NEVER be known to me as my "divorced cousin". Don't let that notion weigh you down. It's just part of getting older to mess up and recover from it....kinda like speeding tickets. :)
    I'd say you're full grown now.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SB..what a crazy unpredictable life you have. I cracked-up (out-loud, in the office) at the whole insurance paper race to driving freedom. Oh God's sense of humor sometimes..ha ha. In all of the difficult-ness just remember God chooses for our paths to cross for whatever reason; He is making you a better woman from all of this. I will continue to keep you in my prayers and that God will reign blessings over you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE you and this one made me cry unlike the others because I am there.I thought about all the stuff that has happend on my walk home last night not even knowing this is all that you did yesterday.I feel asleep as soon as I got home so I am sorry I was not there to hear about it when you got home. I hope clover was really nice to you though. He kept steping on my face though while I was sleeping.lol You are very brave and I look up to you no matter what you go through in your life.Nothing changes the way I see you because to me you are my big sister and I know life give you crazy twists and turns. When life tries to knock the wind out of you you have to roll with the punches and I think you do that.You are not the divorced lady you are Sarahbeth..teacher,sister ,daughter,lovely,crafty,crazy at times,fun loving,sweet,energetic,kind,intelligent,opinionated,beautiful,priceless,strong,unique,important.......that is what you are. Like I said before I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete