If you are reading this blog for the first time, please scroll down to the first blog. If not, you will be thoroughly confused.
I've waited a week to update my blog. I didn't want to be a "Debbie Downer" after Easter weekend. This past Monday (April 25th) would have been my two year wedding anniversary. Whoa, what a ROUGH weekend! It's only hard now because you have to take good memories and file them in the bad memory file. To be able to file them away, you have to grieve the loss of them. In a year, none of it will matter but I just had to face them at the time. Those little things are only hard because you look back a year from where you are now and see what you were doing. Once I've been over this for a year, I will look back and see my single self having a good time!
In the words of my sister, she said that I'm over being mad and caring about it all. I'm in the grieving stage of the healing process. I'm grieving the fairy tale that everyone thinks will happen when you get married and well, it didn't. It's just a phase that will soon pass!
I am now going to step on my soapbox. However, I do feel that this whole blog is my soapbox. Anyways, I need to clarify something. I thought about my blog and what I'm portraying. I did want to say that I am not judging people who choose a different lifestyle than the norm because judge not that you will not be not judged (verse in James, I think.). I love them but I don't think that their choices are always right. When I write, I write based on my own personal experience because it directly affects me. I'm not making a general statement about everyone. Get it? Got it? Good? I'm not perfect and please don't think that I am all that Godly. I need some MAJOR work, but don't we all?
Selfishness. Choosing yourself or your desires over others. Some forms of selfishness are appropriate and some are just plain ridiculous. For example, it is ok to be selfish with your time if you need that time to recoup yourself. However, I am going to dive into the bad realm of selfishness. Selfishness is wearing your wife's wedding dress and taking pictures with it. Then, you post it on facebook for random strangers to see and somehow, feel no remorse for your actions. Selfishness. I had this wonderful nightmare stuck in my head on April 25th. Thank you....now, I will file that bad memory away. I'm a little disturbed by the amount of selfishness that is going on in the world today. I'm upset at this "do what you feel or makes you happy" movement. It's pure selfishness and honestly, it doesn't say think about how your feelings will affect the ones that you love. Everyday, I see people post things online that they "feel" but they don't think about the repercussions of what they say and do. What you say on the internet, will be brought up when you come before God. He doesn't forget and what you thought FELT good to do at the time, will not feel good when God asks you why you posted things on a nothing website. I'm also preaching to the choir here or myself. I will be judged for what I write on this blog. Therefore, I need to be careful what I say. So... forgive me now.
Man, I'm long-winded! I want to take this space of internet to thank all of the people who have been an encouragement on my blog or facebook. I also want to thank the MANY people who write me messages saying that they understand what I'm going through and thank me for helping them. Wow, I am unworthy of that comment and please know that I'm praying for you.
Joke of the blog- (found on the internet this time and not taken from me) What is a CD's (see previous post if you don't know the abbreviation) idea of a good time? Eat, drink, and BE MARY!
Sarah Beth,
ReplyDeleteYour blogs really do help me out. I (and most others) may not be able to relate to your exact situation, but we can all relate to the whole selfishness thing. I'm sure we can all work on it. You really do help me to consider my faith into all that I do! Thank you for that girl!! I truly do wish you all the luck in the world. I know you will continue to grow stronger everyday, and you are going to be SUCHHH a strong wonderful person, well you actually already are! I love you girl and keep your head up and remember to always pray! Love, Heather Carrico!