Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lonely Lost Sock

If you are reading this blog for the first time, please scroll down to the first blog. If not, you will be thoroughly confused. You can read this one if you want though....

      Hello all! I have not updated in forever but that is because I was very busy with school. I am now into a very different summer for me. A soul searching summer that involves learning to be alone. Alone? What? I'm confused! Yes, all of my roommates are gone this summer because they are all at 4-H camp. Trust me, it is the BEST place to be in the summer and I wish that I was there. However, I must stay here in Bowling Green just in case (I wish) I were to get a call for an interview and get a teacher job. Honestly, I now know that I am right where I need to be this summer. ALONE.

   Being alone can be a good thing and a bad thing depending on how you take it as a person. I think most EVERYONE deals with being alone at some point in time. I think that some people experience it in little spurts and others have it for long periods of time. For me....a summer! At first, I was very upset at the fact that I was by myself but now, I have learned to embrace it. It was mainly hard because I had no one to talk to and those who know me, know that I LOVE to talk. I am now apologizing to all of my work friends for talking their heads off! Ha! Here are a few pros to the situation: I only clean up what I messed up. I can walk around the house how I want ;) ! I can turn up my music how loud I want. And trust me, much more.....  On top of all of them leaving, my dearest kitty, Clover, ran away. To those readers out there, you are thinking that it isn't a big deal. Well, it was a HUGE deal because that meant that an animal that I had used as a comfort in a very difficult time was gone. God was just trying to see if I could do it ALONE! Guess what? YOU ARE NEVER ALONE! God has promised never to leave us! Here is a verse that has helped me lately: (thanks to a friend for posting it on her blog!)

James 1:2-8
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. 

 Not only have these helped me with being all my my lonesome this summer, they have also helped me with the frustration of not having a teacher job. I have been the doubter who waved like the sea! I have finally given over my job situation to God and decided to be more specific in prayer. Last year, I prayed that God would put me where I need to be. Well....he put me where I was supposed to be but not always what I wanted. Looking back, there is no way that I would have been able to be a teacher and go through a divorce like I did. Nope, God knew what he was doing! As for now, I am being highly specific in my prayer. HA! I guess that I am just encouraging everyone to really think about why things happen in the sequence that they do. There is a lesson to be learned in everything!

 Here comes the thank you section..... I sincerely want to thank my dearest sister, Allison, for taking care of me, putting up with me, and loving me through the past six months. She not only helped me but she went through it with me. The crazy situation affected not only me but her as well. Silly face (he longer has a name) took advantage of both of us and wore both of our clothing! Thank you Allison! I love you!

Next, a HUGE thank you to the Hosenfield/ Pyles families for helping me with my yard work. It would have been more than an overwhelming task for me to take on as one person. However, the men in that family have greatly taken care of me and my yard is BEAUTIFUL! Why is this a big deal? I've never had to do yard work nor did I think that it was all a girls job. Thanks....

Thank you also to God for having another kitty show up literally on my neighbors doorstep! Biggest blessing for me this summer. Yes, yes, I'm the crazy cat lady from that EHarmony video. Sheesh...

With all that being said, I can now honestly say that I am happy and not struggling with much. If my blogs become more rants, then just go with it and read it. I just work through everything on my blog and for the world to read. Why? I do it because I know that I am not the only one feeling those feelings. Have a good week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny of the blog- I randomly sat down at traffic school last week by a very outspoken Drag Queen. I somehow got brave enough to talk about my situation to him. He even thought that it was bad. You know that your CD situation is bad when a Drag queen thinks that it is bad. Is it bad that I look at these situations as God giving me opportunities to talk to people that I would have never been able to relate to previously? Hmm...but funny.

1 comment:

  1. The word that you keep saying is "alone", but it's the perfect time to get to know yourself without anyone to hinder you.
    You always have us (cliche, I know but if you ever need anything well be there)...and I think that you'll look back on this time and use a different word to describe it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete