Welcome to my new blog where I get real down and dirty with the events of my life. I've been known to hold back and not let my true feelings show. I also have a tendency to only say things to please others. Well, guess what? I'm done with pleasing others and not letting my true feelings show. This blog is an attempt to work through my problems and to become the adult that I am intended to be. I want to say something to inspire someone to make a change, to step out of their comfort zone, to see a different point of view, and much more. Put on your seat belts because you're never going to believe what's going to happen on this ride!
Airing out your dirty laundry? What dirty laundry? I'm so confused! For those of you who are not aware, I have been through a very big life changing event in the last month. Pretend that you went to bed one night and everything was fine and then the next day, a tornado rips through your home. You lose everything! You never thought that this would happen to you EVER in your lifetime. Welcome to my world but in a different aspect of life. I feel like my life has been turned upside down and I just have to pick myself up and go on.
On to the dirty laundry...
In the past month, I've gone from married to separated to now starting a divorce. OH NO not the D word! Yep, I never believed in the word, nor do I enjoy talking about it. I'm not using this blog to make light or fun of it. It is a VERY serious matter and quite life changing. I do believe in the sanctity of marriage and the seriousness that God has put upon it. I believe almost ALL marriage problems can be solved before headed down the D train. However, my life has become the exception to the rule. I am young and I will overcome with help from only the Father above.
Some of you may ask- What happened? To sum it up, my husband chose a lifestyle over me but he chose it WAY before I even knew him or married him. I'm not afraid to tell anyone because he has not been afraid to tell everyone a lie or air his dirty laundry via the internet. I've held in my problems or "dirty laundry" too long. I finally divulged and told my family. I feel set free. My soon to be ex-husband is a compulsive liar, horrible with money, a crossdresser, and wants to be a transvestite. What more could a girl ask for? I didn't ask for this to happen to me and I don't know why this is happening to me. I just have to put myself closer to God, in hopes of regaining strength. I know that no one understands nor will understand what I am going through. It's just God who knows me and what I'm going through.
This is just a preview into my new blog and the content. It will include more explanation, my feelings, jokes (it's better to laugh than cry), God's word, and just my daily life. Welcome to my dirty laundry.....
Truly brave! Girl, I would just get new laundry to dirty up.
ReplyDeleteLove you.
OMG Sarah!!! You are very brave in doing this, I want you to know that I am praying for you throughout your journey! -Brittany B.
ReplyDeleteSarah Beth,
ReplyDeleteSo, For some reason I really like to read blogs..I tend to always find something that can help me in my own personal life. So that's why I decided to read yours. I'm very sorry that you are having to go through all of this. BUT, I'm glad you are turning to God in times like this. It's truly the only way! I am so confident that you can make it through this (and come out better than you started), you are such a strong woman, I have always looked up to you for that! As you already know, All things happen for a reason...it's hard to understand situations like this at this time, but I know you can make it through this! You are going to be even stronger after this.
I know we don't get to talk much anymore, but I'm here for you if you need anything! I'll be praying for your strength! Love you SarahBeth!
PS: Here is a verse that helps me during hard times!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
Thinking about you. With God you can handle anything.
ReplyDeleteWhoa! That's quite a revelation! Hey, marrying a cross-dresser can't be so bad, because you can wear a lot of the same clothes and save some money, right? I'm sorry, just joking... you said it IS better to laugh, remember? :)
ReplyDeleteHey girl! I am so sorry this is happening to you. You and I became close during the exciting part of our lives when you were about to get married and we were both about to graduate.
ReplyDeleteI haven't gone through a tornado, but my apartment did burn down with everything I own...no relationship drama for me because I never date. So you and I need to make a fresh start together...you picking up the pieces of your broken heart and me the ashes of mine.
Hang in there girl! If we can live in Spain for a month without being able to speak Spanish, we can do ANYTHING!!! Miss you girl :) Amanda Jones
WOW, Sarah! You are a brave girl. Knowing you and your family, I know you are also strong and even stronger with God. Keep your chin up. He has something better for you then you truely know.
ReplyDelete